Recent post window on forum board

Started by Patrik, Oct 05, 2022, 04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrik

Victor, can you change the Recent post window so not one user fills all the spots?
I can not see other recent posts made by other members when one member makes multiple posts and fills up the current post window.

Or maybe you can add a function so other members' recent posts also show.

Cheers

VLS

Hello dear Patrik.

The more productive posting activity, the better! (It's a sign of a thriving community O:-))

We're addressing this by changing the view to recent Topics, so only one post per topic is reflected.

P.S. having to do this modification is a reason for happiness; RouletteIdeas.com is becoming alive thanks to fellow members 👍
Email/Paypal: betselection@gmail.com

-- Victor

VLS

Hello again dear Patrik,

In the mean time, you can access your currently-unread topic by this link:

https://rouletteideas.com/unread/?all;start=0

(The button under "Home" on forum's title bar)

-- Victor

HardMan

Vic, I think the best option would be ..

to make a dedicated section with about newesy 6-10 thread displayed .. just under the top section (titles, buttons bar)

as the results of what comes out by clicking on 'Unread topics',
except incorporate the option to display the next eg. 6 subsequently updated threads.

Similar as implemented within the roulettelife layout.

That way, it doesn't take much space, & most importantly, any updates are visible straight as opening/loading the page.

VLS

Quote from: HardMan on Oct 07, 2022, 08:47 PMVic, I think the best option would be ..

to make a dedicated section with about newesy 6-10 thread displayed .. just under the top section

Noted! 👍

There are plans to move the info center to the top, with a few improvements... I'm on it! :)

Cheers!

-- Victor

VLS

Recent posts code is modified 👍

Only one post per updated topic is reflected (latest).

-- Victor

HardMan

Clicking on one of those unread threads .. shall open the thread with the view focused on the last (ideally, unread) post.

VLS

Quote from: HardMan on Oct 29, 2022, 06:42 PMClicking on one of those unread threads .. shall open the thread with the view focused on the last (ideally, unread) post.

Indeed. We are currently focused on the bot yet this suggestion is coming online later when the focus returns to coding  forum features 👍

-- Victor