PAIRS by MWJ

Started by VLS, Aug 20, 2023, 07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLS

This method comes from fellow user "MWJ" (shared by him via email to be added to RIBOT FULL):

Quote from: MJWIDEA 1. Pairs.
I was thinking about how to implement the idea of pairings (neighbors in fact) and thought that maybe they can be played alone but in a way that both unhits and (sometimes) hits are the targets. Starring at the tracker for months now, I noticed (nothing revolutionary but still) that the numbers not only tend but in fact have to cluster/stick together both vertically and horizontally. So this sort of bet selection was born out of this:

1. Bet only the pair of the number that has shown. Pairings: neighbor to the right (felt layout). I should have written: race track - felt like layout. So if number 11 shows, bet 12. If 2 shows, bet 3, and so on. For 36 the pair is 0, this is how we kind of close the circle.

2. Every spin adds a new pair (new number - right neighbor) to our betting selection. So if the numbers spun were: 4,17,33, our bet at spin 4 will be 5,18, and 34.

3. If the number that we would like to bet is already taken (in other words repeat has happened) we then bet the left neighbor.

4. If both right and left neighbors are taken only then we bet the very number just spun (the number between our 'pairs').

5. If the right neighbor, left neighbor, and number in between are taken (we obviously had a hit there, but we still might not be in profit) then we do not add any new number to our selection. Important note: if we had a hit on our 'pair number' but we are not in profit hence we cannot close the game, we still add a new 'pair number' of the hit number according to the rules above.

It very often catches unhits in the early stages of the game. In fact, most games I have played were done within 10 spins. In the later stages, it also catches the repeats. That is the goal, anyway.

Now about the money management... I was a bit frustrated with deep progressions so I came up with the following scheme:

- Add 1 unit but only every 4 spins.
So: spin 1 is just to see the starting number. Spins 2-5 our bet is 1 unit. For spins 6-9, the bet is 2 units. Spins 10-13, the bet is 3 units. For spins 14-17 the bet is 4 units. For spins 18-21, the bet is 5 units, and so on, and so on. In my manual testing, I never went past it but it is probably a matter of time.

If the game is going past 10-15 spins to get a profit it will be required to have a few hits instead of waiting for just one, but for the moment I like it better that way. I'm attaching a graph of a session I just played using this concept (started around spin 43 till the end). I do not have an idea about a possible stop point in case of a losing session yet since I wasn't able to manually find/simulate such a scenario.

This idea still stands. For the stop if not in profit let's pick our standard 37th spin - end of a cycle. Reset and start over on ANY profit or BE (so 0, +1, and up).
Email/Paypal: betselection@gmail.com

-- Victor

BlueAngel

Nice idea!
Have you tried any variations in regards with the selection of numbers?
Do you want truth?
You cannot handle the truth!

VLS

Quote from: BlueAngel on Aug 21, 2023, 06:44 PMNice idea!

Using the clumping principle to pick the one closer/nearest to a spun number, when looking back in history.

(To determine which right or left one to add first)

-- Victor

BlueAngel

Quote from: VLS on Aug 21, 2023, 08:29 PM
Quote from: BlueAngel on Aug 21, 2023, 06:44 PMNice idea!

Using the clumping principle to pick the one closer/nearest to a spun number, when looking back in history.

(To determine which right or left one to add first)
What about betting both, for example, 10 comes and we are betting 9 and 11, when 1 of them is already covered then bet the other 1, when both already covered then bet the same number, when we win we are not adding any more.
Have you tried like this?
Do you want truth?

VLS

Quote from: BlueAngel on Aug 21, 2023, 10:11 PMHave you tried like this?

No, I haven't.

(I've forwarded this thread to the original author of the method to see if there's some input from himself)

-- Victor

BlueAngel

Quote from: VLS on Aug 21, 2023, 11:35 PM
Quote from: BlueAngel on Aug 21, 2023, 10:11 PMHave you tried like this?

No, I haven't.

(I've forwarded this thread to the original author of the method to see if there's some input from himself)
Nice, please forward the following as well:
By betting as I've described could be done without progression of units and as about the ending criteria 2 could be utilized simultaneously:
1. Restart after any profit, or even on 0 (no profit, neither loss)
2. You have lost after reaching 35 numbers bet

Just my 2 cents.
Do you want truth?

Monty Junior

Good morning Vic and BlueAngel,
Unfortunately, this system cannot work without progression.
Yes, I've tried variants with both left and right neighbors -> flat betting leads to rather quick failure if you won't catch an early hit. Betting only one neighbor flat leads to a slower failure  ;)  Implementing some kind of progression is a necessity here, so initially I decided to go for a delayed progression (+1 every 4 spins) to minimize drawdowns. It still gives an opportunity to catch early hits with a decent profit and then (in case of early misses) gives a chance to come back up but with a few somewhat clustered hits later on, of course.
Caution: Sometimes (rarely but still!) drawdowns can be too big in a late phase of the game. If you reach the 37th spin (or around that), you would be betting almost all of the board. A miss or two here can be deadly. Some adjustments may be needed.
Cheers